Tuesday 18 November 2014

Informed consent

Informed consent will be my one of my initial concerns as regards to ensuring all ethical basis are covered. I will gather consent from all participants before they take any part in the inquiry. This will ensure they know and fully understand exactly what the inquiry involves, any potential risks and there exact involvement before they agree to take part.
I will use an Information Sheet to provide my potential participants with information about the inquiry. This will include such information as...
  • My name, university & Inquiry concept.
  • Why I would like the particular participant/school to be involved.
  • Ensure they are aware that even if they agree to take part, they can change their mind at any time, without giving an explanation.
  • Inform that the inquiry will primarily be observation based and what the observation will involve.
  • Explanation on how the information will be used, stored and kept confidential.





 

 

 

 

 

 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicola,

    I've been considering Informed consent quite a bit recently and there needs to be a lot more involved than I first thought. I think you were right to bog about what information we need to include. Some of the concerns I have raised in my blogs include Voluntary consent and confidentiality and ethical considerations. I would love to hear your thoughts on these topics. I found Chapter 4 Ethical Issues in Qualitative research in Qualitative Research in Education highlighted some of my thoughts.

    http://www.uk.sagepub.com/upm-data/27011_4.pdf

    ReplyDelete