Tuesday 6 January 2015

Award title

I have chosen 'BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Dance Teaching) ' for my award title. I believe this identifies my current position and my hope to develop further as a teacher.

My journey began with the hope to become a professional Dancer, I trained for 3 years at Bodyworks in Cambridge studying many genera's of dance. Whilst training I decided to look into teaching and successfully completed a NATD associate teaching qualification with Distinction. Once graduating I went on to work as a professional dancer and teacher delivering education dance workshops in primary schools across the country. In the past 2 years I have developed my own enrichment program which I deliver with the hope to encourage dance on a more regular basis within schools.
My studies have all been developed around my teaching and have been a great insight into how I can develop and improve.  In the future I hope to develop my career as a teacher with the possibility to gain a PGCE qualification.


My inquiry aims to demonstrate the Importance of Dance within the Primary Curriculum and the relevance of subject knowledge

No comments:

Post a Comment