Wednesday 7 January 2015

Critical Reflection Module 2

Reflecting on Module 2  has highlighted the development and progresses I have made since module one. Creating my inquiry proposal has given me an in-depth focus and drive to undertake my inquiry with confidence and excitement.

Module 2 has allowed me to continue developing skills learnt in module 1 including Networking and web 2 based programmes with the creation of my SIG and initial conversations with possible participants. I have also found myself referring back to many theories which I was unaware of before completing module 1.

Development of possible lines of inquiry involved reflecting on Module 1 and investigating information and theories on inquiry. From there I was able to accumulate a list of started questions (Appendix A). From discussion on my SIG community and conversations with fellow professionals a smaller number of more define questions emerged. For me a key part of deciding on my Line of inquiry was Literature, what was already known about my questions and was there a need for an inquiry on the subject? (Appendix B, Appendix C). I realise how vital it is to really know and understand your subject in depth to gain the most from your line of questioning.

As my inquiry will be based in  a primary School and observations will be made involving participants under 16 years old understand Ethics is essential. Module 2 gave me the knowledge and background to further develop my understanding to ensure all bases will be covered (Appendix D). I had to pay particular attention to Ethics when making decisions on which inquiry tools would be most successful and suitable, understanding any potential risks and how to avoid them. After researching several methods I feel confident my choices will be successful. Constructing Information sheets, Informed consent forms and Ethical statements have helped me to built a strong Ethical base to begin my Inquiry (Appendix E).

Overall Module 2 has given my the confidence to go forward with my Inquiry. I feel I am a lot more aware and knowledgeable regarding ethical considerations and the importance of knowing your 'subject'. The module has enabled me to streamline thoughts and become more focused on detail within my work. I look forward to developing my research, literature knowledge and finally start constructing my Inquiry in Module 3!




Bibliography
 
Alexander, Rose, Woodhead 1992) - http://dera.ioe.ac.uk/4373
 
Bandura 1997 – Social Learning Theory
 
Bell 2005
 
Bresler, Illinois, 1990
 
Caldwell. B 2013 The Benefits of Arts in the Curriculum
 
 
 
Thinking inclusion  IQM Blog -  Inclusion Quality Mark Ltd (IQM) Posted by  'Chris' On June 1st 2014 http://www.inclusionmark.co.uk/blog/index.php/examination-or-assessment/
 




























2 comments:

  1. Nicola - your mentioned some revised questions and more literature for M3 - also may want to SIG with Lucy Jennings for primary focus.

    ReplyDelete