Wednesday 22 January 2014

So it begins!!!

Welcome to my first ever blog!!!

Im completely new to this blogging malarkey so please 4give mistakes, which I'm sure there will be many!!!

Ok here goes... 
Who am I!?! What a question...
I'm Nicola, a trained professional dancer from Nottingham! My training consisted of a year in Leeds and 3 years in Cambridge (amazing city with unbelievable memories!) I'm currently teaching dance and creative workshops across the country - love my job :D 

So why have I chosen to do the BAPP course.... Well my initial main aim was to complete my degree in order to go on to do a PGCE in order to complete my teaching qualifications, however from browsing over current student blogs and looking through the course information I'm excited to find out about all the other opportunities the course may lead to...exciting times! 

I hope you find my blog of interest and would really appreciate any comments or tips you may have that could help in my quest to complete the course!!!






3 comments:

  1. Nicola - thanks for introducing yourself! I like your admitting that you love your job - I do too - we are lucky because there are so many circumstances that surround that idea of love (haha see my blog on campus session 1). What is your dance company like? where do you travel - what type of workshops? distance learning sounds right for you - thinking about connectivity ideas here… might be something you discuss when thinking of the ideas behind social media - even social learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula,
    So true regarding the BIG L word Love, I had a quick look over the campus session, shame I missed out!
    I travel all over the country from Newcastle to Cardiff to London so i clock up the miles!!!
    I deliver a wide range of dance based workshops with most having an educational background so over February I deliver many Chinese dance workshops in celebration of Chinese New Year, which involved using traditional Dragon heads, Parasols and Chinese fans! I also teach, Street, Bollywood, Musical Theatre & Contemporary workshops to name a few!
    I have a School which I teach at on a weekly basis as part of an Enrichment curriculum which I absolutely love because I have some real characters and get to develop pieces with the same group over a number of weeks for a performance!
    It had been at the back of my mind about possibly using social media/networking to help develop me as a business and my client base but up until now I have been lucky enough not to need any 'self marketing' as all my own clients have come through recommendations and good old word of mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nicola - you sound very busy - yes social media and marketing are hot topics that are worth researching a bit during Module 1. See how your company does things - a good starting point - and continue to see what others have said. Just visited Kim Morrison's blog - very interesting issues using social media theme.

    ReplyDelete